SmartWay Tires are verified low rolling resistance tires. The EPA has determined that certain tire models can reduce your NOx emissions and fuel use by 3% or more, relative to the best selling new tires for line haul class 8 tractor trailers. These improvements are achieved under the following conditions:
- Smart Way Tires Tires are used on the proper axel positions at the link provided. SmartWay Technology Program
- Verified low rolling resistance tires are installed on all of the axle positions of the tractor and trailer.
- All tires must be properly inflated according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Pete’s Tire Barns are proud to offer SmartWay tires from the following brands
- Double Coin
The following low rolling resistance tires are SmartWay verified when used on class 8, line-haul trucks:
- Bridgestone Tire Steer R280, R287, R287A, R283A Ecopia, R268 Ecopia
- Bridgestone Tire Drive M720, Greatec M835 Ecopia, Greatec, M710 Ecopia, S803Z, S718WZ, S718YZ, R268 Ecopia, M760 Ecopia
- Bridgestone Tire Trailer Greatec R135 Ecopia, R195, R197 Ecopia, S197
- Bridgestone/Bandag Retread: Precure Tread Drive FuelTech Drive, B710 FuelTech, B760, B835 FuelTech, UAP2 Fuel Tech
- Bridgestone/Bandag Retread: Precure Tread Trailer FuelTech-Trailer, B197 FuelTech, B135 Fuel Tech, BTR-UWB, FCR-Trailer
- Continental Tire Steer HSL1 Coach, HSL2 (replaces HSL), HSL2 ECO Plus, HSR, HSL2+ Eco Plus, HSR1, HSR1 ECO Plus, HSR2, HSR2 ECO Plus, HSR2 SA, Conti EcoPlus HS3, Continental Coach HA3, size 315/80R22.5 only, CrossTrac HA3, Hybrid HS3
- Continental Tire Drive HSL1 Coach, HDL ECO Plus, HDL2 ECO Plus, HDL2 DL ECO Plus, HDR, HDR1 ECO Plus, HSR, HSR1, HSR1 ECO Plus, HSR2, HSR2 ECO Plus, HSR2 SA, Eco Plus HD3, Hybrid HD 3, HDR2 Eco Plus, HDL2
- Continental Tire Trailer HTL ECO Plus, HTL1, Conti EcoPlus HT3
- Dayton Tire Steer D510S, D515S
- Dayton Tire Drive D610D
- Dayton Tire Trailer D410T, D415T
- Double Coin Tire Steer FR605, RR680, RT600
- Double Coin Tire Drive FD405, FD425, RR680, RT600, RLB450
- Double Coin Tire Trailer FT105, FT125
- Duraturn Tire Steer DA20, DS28
- Duraturn Tire Drive DA20, DD10, DD13
- Duraturn Tire Trailer DT22
- Firestone Tire Steer FS507 PLUS, FS591
- Firestone Tire Drive FD695 PLUS, FD691
- Firestone Tire Trailer FT455 PLUS, FT491
- General Tire Drive D660, S371, S580, S581, HD
- General Tire Trailer ST250, HT
- Michelin Tire Steer X Coach XZ, XZA3, XZA3+, XZA2, XZA1+, XZA2 Energy, X Mutli Energy Z, X Line Energy Z, X Multi Z
- Michelin Tire Drive XDA Energy, XDA3, X-One XDA, X-One XDN2, X-One XDA Energy, X Multi Energy D, X Line Energy D, X-One Line Energy D, X Coach XZ, XZA3+, XZA 1+, XZA2 Energy, X Mutli Energy Z, X Line Energy Z, X Multi D, X Multi Z
- Michelin Tire Trailer XTA Energy, XT1, X-One XTA, X-ONE XTE, X Line Energy T, X-One Line Energy T, X-One Multi Energy T
Source: epa.gov 4/24/17
EPA’s Disclaimer on Verified Technologies
Verified Technology Lists for:
Low Rolling Resistance Tires
Idle Reduction Technologies for Trucks and School Buses
Idle Reduction Technologies for Locomotive
By inclusion on a Verified Technologies list or Contact List, EPA does not guarantee any performance or claims by the manufacturer.
The assigned reduction levels are only applicable when the technology is installed and used in accordance with the criteria described.
EPA verification is not an evaluation of a product’s safety or compliance with other regulatory requirements.
Manufacturers, installers, fleets and operators must comply with all applicable local, state and federal safety regulations.