- Paint surfaces of wheels using powder coating equipment, power tools and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and powder coating techniques
- Inspect wheels to be powder coated for repair, prepping and/or buffing defects
- Load and Unload curing oven
- Make sure wheels are labeled for the proper distribution
- Powder coat with specified color using standard formulas or color charts
- Inspect each wheel for proper amount of powder coating and curing
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i. e., provide technical assistance to helpers, orient and train new employees, etc.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures of Wheel Refurbishing
- Work in a safe and efficient manner following all company safety regulations
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate
- 1 – 2 years powder coating experience required or collision repair technical school training.
- Effective communication and interaction skills helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Read, write and understand job instructions in English
- Able to obtain license and safely operate a fork truck
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Ability to work in hot and humid conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemicals. Moderate noise level. Respirators and other protective equipment may be required.
Benefits include (but not limited to)
- Competitive pay
- Full health benefit package (Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life and more)
- 401K with company match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time