Perform tire repairs, replacements, and general service to tires and wheels. Responsible for delivering prompt, courteous and professional service to Pete’s Tire Barns customers. The person who takes this job should be willing to make customer satisfaction a number one priority, must be flexible and understand that job priorities will constantly change due to customer need.
- Mounting, dismounting, balancing, replacing, repairing of mostly commercial tires but may also include passenger, light truck, loader, farm, ATV and/or lawn and garden
- Mark customers’ names on removed tires and wheels.
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack, use air tools and heavy hand held tools. Repair tires using inspection equipment, drills and rollers.
- Remove or replace mounted tire assembly from vehicles.
- Ability to recognize repairable tires and properly perform repair. Discard tires that are not repairable.
- Communicate all work performed via legible writing on tags, work orders and/or invoices.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Use all provided safety equipment such as gloves, jack stands, wheel chocks, air cages, safety glasses. Communicate equipment needs. Report all tools or equipment that need repair or that are broken. Report all unsafe actions, problems or abnormal situations to the store manager or safety manager.
- Perform daily maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Review service work orders for complete information such as required customer information, repairs, mounts, new tires, valves before giving to the store manager.
- Ensure that all products leave with proper paperwork.
- As needed, perform miscellaneous job duties to ensure prompt services to our customer.
- Perform all work safely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
- Computer skills: Basic computer skills; training will be provided as needed.
- Equipment: Capable of operating lift gates, service tools, air compressors, hydraulic jacks, air guns, air gauges, mounting and balancing machines, and computer and office equipment.
Benefits include (but not limited to)
- Competitive pay
- Full health benefit package (Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life and more)
- 401K with company match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time