The Retail Sales Specialist position is responsible for all retail sales activities. He or she will own the sale from start to close. A large portion of your workday will consist of communicating with customers, providing information regarding product benefits and ensuring that customers are satisfied with their experience in the store. You will act as the customers’ point of contact and be the face of the company. Thus, you are expected to create and maintain a long-term relationship with the customers in order to achieve sales goals and represent the store in a positive manner while ensuring recurring business. Retail Sales Specialists are responsible for recommending products, services and assisting customers with their product needs. You are expected to provide an exemplary customer experience at all times by asking the customer questions to determine their needs and engaging the customer with your product knowledge, recommending items for the customer’s needs.
- Building customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Providing tire and auto products and services.
- The Merchandising, Advertising and Promotion of Products and Services.
- Involvement in every aspect of the store operation.
- Energetic responsiveness to every customer, on the phone and in the store.
- Attention to each customer’s needs: documenting and determining the best response and solution to a wide variety of situations.
- Following proper checkout procedures: explaining all warranties and options to the customer
- Ability to step up to duties as assigned.
- Retail Tire Sales Experience Required
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Demonstrated success in retail sales is a plus
- Customer service focus
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a presentable and well-dressed appearance
- The ability to spend a considerable amount of time standing and walking throughout a workday
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
- Computer skills: Basic computer skills; training will be provided as needed.
- Communication skills: Must be good at communicating with customers, employees and vendors in person, on the phone and via electronic tools such as e-mail and text messaging
Benefits include (but not limited to)
- Competitive pay
- Full health benefit package (Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life and more)
- 401K with company match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time