The Industrial Tire Technician is responsible for the replacement of worn tires on all types of material handling vehicles at customer’s locations. In addition, the Industrial Tire Technician will maintain and organize tire inventory in the warehouse and assist in other shop jobs as requested. Must be able to prioritize work orders, perform work in a safe manner, and ensure all paperwork is submitted timely and accurately. The Industrial Tire Technician is responsible for providing professional customer service and maintaining the provided Pete’s Tire Barn truck and tools.
- Safely remove old tires and position them on the press.
- Sets up and operates tire press to press the new tires on the customer’s hubs.
- Assembling wheel components per tire specifications.
- Reviews work orders and work performed with customers, communicating any potential issues.
- Ensures work orders are fully completed with the all necessary information and signature.
- Communicates with Industrial Segment Manager to ensure Pete’s Tire Barns has proper inventory.
- Maintains a safe workplace.
- Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
- Performs other shop duties as required.
- Ability to learn mounting procedures, techniques and equipment used for mounting solid industrial tires.
- Ability to operate industrial equipment, i.e. Forklift, Hydraulic Press, and tire mounting equipment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently or with others.
- Ability to follow written or verbal directions.
- Basic mechanical ability.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Heavy lifting, bending, and climbing in and out of a truck.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
- Computer skills: Basic computer skills; training will be provided as needed.
- Communication skills: Must be good at communicating with customers, employees and vendors in person, on the phone and via electronic tools such as e-mail and text messaging
Benefits include (but not limited to)
- Competitive pay
- Full health benefit package (Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life and more)
- 401K with company match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time